Everything that a speaker needs to know about participating in event sessions!
Get set up
- Create a new Canapii account or sign in to an existing one
- Ask the event organizer to send you a registration link
- Register for the event on Canapii. Once registered, let the organizer know so they can upgrade your attendee profile to speaker
Find your session
- The session which you are participating in may appear on the home page of the event itself. If you cannot locate the session, you can ask the event organizer to send you a direct link to the session
- Once you have located your session, select the session tile on the homepage and follow the directions to join the webinar
Join your session early
If you are a host of a session, you're able to join the session at any time before the session goes live to participants. If you're unable to access your session ahead of schedule, ensure that this has been communicated with the event organizer ahead of time.
Additionally, also please ensure that have been added as a host to the session you are participating in. Attendees/participants are required to wait for the session to formally begin before they can be admitted.
Tip: Joining a session early is a great way to familiarize yourself with the tools you wish to use during your presentation.
Explore the session features you wish to utilize
Our intergraded video conferencing software is simple, powerful and easy to use!
All of your meeting controls are listed across the top of the video conferencing screen. See below for an explanation of each of these features.
- Show/hide attendee list
- Toggle microphone & change settings
- Toggle camera & change settings
- Toggle audio & change speaker
- Raise hand
- Gallery view
- Screen share
- Timer menu
- Full screen
- Leave meeting
- End meeting for all participants (only available to hosts)
To screen share, click on the Screen share icon. In the pop-up screen select what you want to share, this can be your entire screen, an application window, or a browser tab.
If you are using Google Chrome on a Mac computer, be sure to follow the steps on this page to allow screensharing.
If you want to play a video make sure to tick Share audio to have the audio play in the call as well.
Note: If you choose to share only one window, make sure that your presentation is not minimized. If presenting slides, it is recommended to go to View > Reading view to put your presentation into Reading mode.
If you are having issues hearing or speaking on a call, double check the following:
- Is any other program using your mic? Check if you have another call open or the settings in Zoom/Teams that could be using your mic.
- Checking camera and microphone permissions in Chrome:
- At the top right, click More and then Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
- Click Camera or Microphone.
- Turn on Ask before accessing.
- Review your blocked and allowed sites and make sure both camera and microphone are allowed to be used by Canapii.