Issues linked to firewalls, adblockers, and browser permissions
If you are met with an "Event not found" message when attempting to access your event, try out these quick fixes to help you get in the door:
- Open the event link in Incognito or Private Browsing mode. Right-click on your internet browser icon, then choose Open Incognito window or New Private Window, whichever appears in the menu. In the new window, paste the URL into the address bar and enter.
- Private or incognito windows open a web browser without any cookies, extensions, or other programs that affect the way that websites display.
- Try another browser type. For example, if you're using Mozilla Firefox, try switching to Microsoft Edge.
- If a program such as an ad blocker or privacy software is restricting content, switching to another browser will bypass the block - these types of programs are tied to the browser that they're installed on.
- Navigate to your device's firewall or antivirus settings and make sure that Canapii, or pop-ups, are not blocked.
- The event link opens in a new tab, so especially strict firewall settings may prevent the site from opening.
- The steps to allow a website will vary according to which antivirus program you have on your device. Windows Defender, Norton Antivirus, and Malwarebytes are all examples of common antivirus programs. You can typically find steps for whitelisting a website by looking up "How to whitelist websites" + the name of your antivirus program.
- Try a different device - ideally, a different type of device. For example, switch from your work computer to your home computer; or your laptop to your phone.
- If the issue is not related to your browser or firewall, you may need to try another device entirely.
If you are still having trouble please reach out to our support team at email@example.com