How to create and customize the experience your attendees have when registering for your event.
What are tickets?
Tickets are how attendees register and access your events. Tickets help you define registration paths (for example, you may wish some tickets to be free and others to be paid for or maybe you want to ask one set of registrants certain questions while other registrants answer others)
You can create one or multiple tickets for each event. Once created, each ticket generates a unique registration link; you can copy the link and share it with your attendees directly or include the ticket option on the login page of your event or your microsite. You'll need to have at least one ticket for your event.
A quick note on attendee types
Within this page you are also able to create your attendee types. These are how you can segment your audience to give them different experiences. A simple example of this may be that you only want attendee types 'A' and 'B' to be able to see a certain session. You can tag tickets with certain attendee types so that a user who registered with ticket 'A' will automatically be tagged as attendee type 'A'. You can also have your users choose their own attendee type.
Attendee types are how you define personalized user journeys.
Simply select create attendee type to add different attendee types. You can determine if you want a user to choose their attendee type during registration, by ticking appear in registration under the attribute tab
If at any point you would like to close your registration you can do so via the registration: enabled/disabled toggle
Creating a ticket
First select the create button on your main tickets page. This will open a pop-up where you can begin to fill in your ticket's information and logic.
When creating a ticket there are two name fields:
- Ticket name: This is the back-end name of the ticket, only admins in the event console will see this. This is great for lead tagging if you would like to track where your attendees are registering from, for instance.
- Display name: This is the name of the ticket that attendees will see during registration.
Once you have your ticket names you can:
- Set a price for your ticket (see Stripe integration for payment transactions under the integrations tab under step 2 of your event console side bar)
- Decide how many available tickets there are of that certain type
- Add a description
- Select an attendee type to tag
- Optional 'virtual' or 'on-site' tag
- Set price currency if applicable
- Add your ticket to your event login page (great for last minute registrants)
Once you have entered in the appropriate ticket information you can then select save. You can edit this information at any time by simply selecting the ticket from the ticket tab.
Selecting and creating registration questions
Attributes: This tab on your main tickets page is where you can pick and choose which questions your attendees will answer during registration. You can toggle on some basic questions under additional fields, or you can create your own custom questions by scrolling down to custom attributes.
Tip: You can customize which questions are asked in which ticket by navigating back to a specific ticket and scrolling down to that ticket's basic or custom attribute tabs.