Whiteboards are useful in live breakout sessions to illustrate concepts on the fly!
Note: Both participants and hosts can edit and save the whiteboard. Only hosts have the ability to clear the board.
To open the whiteboard while inside a meeting, simply select the pencil icon along the top row of your meeting screen. This will open the whiteboard for you alone, whether you are a host or a normal participant.
The functions of the whiteboard are located along the upper right-hand edge of the whiteboard screen and for participants include:
- Free draw with different stroke colors.
- Shape draw with different shapes, strokes, and fill colors.
- 'Save' functionality to download a copy of the whiteboard.
- 'Undo' function to undo your most recent edits.
For hosts, your privileges include the above, plus:
- Clear function to erase whiteboard contents and start with a fresh slate.
Remember: If you would like all participants to view the whiteboard at the same time you will need to communicate this to them during the meeting. They will not see the whiteboard unless they select the pencil icon. Alternatively you can also share your screen when presenting with the whiteboard open to show all participants.